Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

It is all about the little things...


Saturday night I endured the embarrassment as my parents met and dined with Judd’s parents for the first time. Joke! It was actually a really nice evening and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. I figure that if Judd’s mom is still letting him marry me after my dad told them that I was their “special” child that we are past the point of no return. That is comforting. I think. Ha ha, no, it honestly was a really good night. There was only one thing that got to me. Our mothers started to speak about the wedding plans and that is kind of when it all became real to me. I think that for the past week I had been living in a dream/fantasy world where all of the wedding plans would just happen and that Judd and I would soon be married and riding off into the sunset. False. Luckily, Mom is really good at getting into the nitty-gritty stuff, especially when it comes to weddings (she has had at least three times to practice before). But I couldn’t help but feel completely lost. I wasn’t sure where to start or what exactly I should plan. Later that night after Judd’s parents had left and he and I were speaking on my couch, I told him about these feelings. You know when you’re talking to someone and you get the feeling that they are only half listening? I suddenly got that vibe from Judd and I glanced up at him. What was he doing? Flexing and checking out his muscles. Typical. But like I stated earlier, he was HALF listening, so he said simply, “Is this helping?” I couldn’t help but crack a smile and laugh. This silly boy is always making me laugh and smile. Just today he put on my roommates’ apron with frills and ruffles to help me cook dinner (please see the picture above). He really is the best and I feel so blessed that he is always there to make me smile. I guess it all just comes down to the little things that make all of the stress and worry worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Cam Cam! I love this blog! It's seriously so cute. I don't think that it's really hit me just yet... I guess it will be fun when it does!

    ReplyDelete