Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

It's okay to laugh at this. I am not dead from embarrassment--yet.

Alright. I think enough time has passed now where I can finally start talking about it.

I meant to be writing Isla's birth story today. I SHOULD be writing Isla's birth story today. But I keep getting distracted and my mind keeps wandering to this experience I had earlier this week and I think I just need to write it down to get it out of my system.

Have I built up the suspense enough yet? You ready for my most embarrassing moment probably ever?

Let me give some background information. You know in Miss Congeniality how they joke about Gracie Lou Freebush and her love for taking long, luxurious bubblebaths? Think of me as Gracie. I love my bubblebaths. I love to soak in the tub while reading a book or scrolling through Facebook (I haven't dropped my phone in the tub yet and I pray that day never comes). Bubblebaths help me relax. I may have become too dependent on them (I will take 2-3 baths a week), but I find that I am able to deal with life a lot better after I have taken a soak.

Anyway, back to the main part of my story. I was having a rough morning a few days ago. Isla had kept me up all night the way that newborns do, Zoey was needing some extra attention, and Judd was at work. I was feeling extra stressed and was struggling not losing my temper. When I had finally got Isla to sleep and sat Zoey in front of the iPad, I decided to draw a bath and use one of my new bath bombs that I had gotten from Lush the previous week. I sat in the tub, dropped in the bath bomb and started reading my book.

Whenever I take a bath now, I always leave the bathroom door open. Since my bathroom is directly across the hall from my bedroom, I keep Zoey and Isla in there with the door open as well so I can listen and watch them. The two were perfectly content for the first time that morning and I settled in deeper to my book.

About 15 minutes into my bath, Zoey came running into the bathroom saying, "Mommy! Mommy! Look!" I assumed that the iPad had died or she needed help putting on a new show so I grabbed the iPad from her.

What I did not expect was to see a strange man looking at me.

To my dismay and horror, I instantly reached for the End Call button on the bottom of the iPad. Zoey had been FaceTiming someone.

My first gut reaction was absolute terror. I had so many questions. The first was, "Did that guy just see me totally naked?" The next ones were all about Zoey--how long was she face timing him for? Did she call him or did he call her? Did he do or say anything weird or perverted to her?

I checked the call information. It was from an email address I didn't recognize. Not good. The call had been an incoming one so he called us. Not good. But the call had lasted only one minute so I put together that he had called us, Zoey answered and upon not recognizing who it was, immediately came and told me. I praised Zoey for doing the right thing and for showing mommy immediately.

I sat there for a second thinking about it and then was able to put the bigger picture together. The iPad that Zoey was using is hooked up to Judd's Apple ID. Judd is always recruiting during the off season, and uses FaceTime as a major communication platform to talk to guys when they are not able to meet in person. I started to suspect that this was one of Judd's guys he has been meeting with--how else would they have gotten his FaceTime info?

So I called Judd in a panic. He didn't answer. I texted him SOS. Still no response. I called him again and again. He FINALLY called me back and I word vomited the whole story to him. I could practically hear him face palming himself when he told me that he had a meeting with a guy over FaceTime at that time and had completely forgotten to call him. He checked the email address of the guy and, sure enough, the two matched. Judd then checks his other messages on him phone and sees that he has a text from that guy. The text read, "Hey Judd, I just tried to FaceTime you and this little kid answered and then took the iPad to this woman who looked horrified when she saw me and then hung up."

Oh my gosh. I was going to kill Judd.

To Judd's credit, he at least told me how sorry he was that that had happened. He must have heard how traumatized I sounded because he later admitted that after he hung up, he told his buddy the story and they busted up laughing about it.

The very next thing I did was disable FaceTime on that iPad--at least while Zoey is using it--and then begged Judd to not tell the guy that I was his wife and that it had been some weird fluke. I am pretty sure that Judd told him the truth anyway (as he probably should have), so now I am just praying that I never have to face this guy in person.

I have no idea how much of me that guy saw. Judd didn't ask and the guy didn't say anything about it. I am going to be optimistic and assume he saw nothing but my face.

I texted my mom and told her that I was dead and that I wasn't ready to talk about it. She kept sending me worried text messages and then when I finally felt like I was able to talk to someone about it, I called her. She was at Smith's Marketplace. The only other time I have heard her laugh that hard was when she rode the Rocket at Lagoon for the first time. She told me that people were staring at her because she was laughing so hard and had tears rolling down her cheeks. That made me feel better about the whole thing. Maybe I should be laughing about it too instead of the mortified feeling I was feeling.

She said that being caught naked by someone happens to everyone (I won't share her personal experience with that--haha love you mom!). At least I got it knocked out of the way and hopefully will never have that happen to me again.

Moral of the story: (1) disable the FaceTime feature on an iPad that your kids use regularly and (2) always make sure that your husband never forgets a meeting.

As for me, I am going to be a little more cautious when I take a bubblebath and laugh more when I get embarrassed.


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Also...I'm so sorry! :) Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camie this story is too good. I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete