Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sweet Virginia


Judd and I packed our bags and moved to the East Coast.  After the 32 hour/3 day trip that it took us, I couldn’t be more relieved to be here.  Except for the $200 speeding ticket I received along the way.  In my defense, the cop was a jerk and clocked me five miles fast than I was really going.  But, there really isn’t much I can do about it since I can’t attend their court to fight myself.  Besides that, we arrive safe and sound.
                The first night on the road we stayed in Lexington, NE.  Our goal was to get to Grand Island but we were too tired to go any further and so we decided it was better to stop short than to be dead.  The second night (our anniversary!), we were in Chicago.  It was beautiful!  I enjoyed the big city and Judd and I ate at this burger joint with these amazing hamburgers for dinner. 
                The third night we finally pulled into VA.  It was so green.  Completely different from Utah’s desert.  Since being on the East Coast, I have to admit that at first I was feeling a little claustrophobic.  There were trees everywhere.  I live in a big city, but you couldn’t tell by just looking around.  Trees block houses, buildings, the next street over, EVERYTHING.  And there aren’t any mountains around for me to drive up to the top and see exactly where I am or what my city looks like.  I sometimes feel trapped while I am wondering around.  But at the same time, there is something magical about not knowing where you are.  It allows you to get lost even though you are only the next block over.  I love living here already. 
                That is just our little update!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment