Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Everybody has to see it at least once.



              Over the holiday break I did something that I have never done before.  I went to the movie theatre twice in three days.  It isn’t that I don’t like movies; I just don’t like movie theaters.  There is something about having to sit in a confined chair that I can’t sprawl out in and having to deal with random strangers stealing my arm rest and feeling like everyone is annoyed with you when you sneeze or cough.  Still, somehow Mom and Judd convinced me to see Lincoln (which I loved) and Breaking Dawn Part 2 (which I didn’t).
                Although I enjoy the books, I don’t really consider myself a Twilight fan.  But I got sick with a cold right before Thanksgiving break and found that Twilight was my go-to book in the house to read while I lay in bed.  I probably like to read them while I am sick because they are easy to get lost in.  Judd must feel the same way because when he got my cold, I walked into our bedroom and found him reading Twilight under the covers.  If you ask him about it now, he will probably deny it.
                One thing I love about holiday breaks is getting to sit around with good food and watch movies.  I did want to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 eventually but I hadn’t seen the first one yet.  Saturday night we couldn’t find LOTR so we decided to watch Breaking Dawn Part 1.  Okay.  Most awkward movie ever to watch with your parents.  Especially your dad.  Especially when Bella and Edward start doing the naughty.  They don’t show anything, but it is still uncomfortable. 
                Eventually the movie ended and we looked at the time and saw that it was only 10pm.  Now I am totally okay with going to bed at 10pm on a Saturday night, but my mother isn’t.  She decided to get online and see if SLC had any showings of Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Sure enough there was a 10:40pm showing so we drove down to see it.
                ***SPOILER ALERT***  If you have not seen Breaking Dawn Part 2 yet and you would like to see it then don’t read any further.  I don’t want to ruin it for you. 
                The movie was going fine and I was okay with everything on the screen until the final fight scene.  Especially when the heads started popping off.  Once I saw Carlisle’s head detached from his body, my stomach did a flip flop.  And it didn’t get any better.  Head after head after head.  I about lost my stomach.  But literally though.  In the middle of the movie theater I put my head in between my knees to keep from bringing back up all the popcorn I was eating.  Thank goodness Judd saw what was happening and handed me the popcorn bucket in case I couldn’t make it to the bathroom.  Mom was just laughing at me… and all the flying heads.  Apparently it didn’t bother them like it bothered me.  I have to admit that I was relieved when it ended and saw that it was all just a vision.  Even so, I don’t think I will be watching that movie again anytime soon.  Yuck.  Flying heads is the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment