Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Any Day Now...

When everyone first started telling  me Just wait until the end of your pregnancy!  Every day feels like a week then!, I gladly welcomed those words.  I thought that I would  never be ready to have a baby and the more time I had on  my side, the better.  Especially since at the beginning of my pregnancy I felt like weeks were flying by at a time.

However, now that I am at the end of my pregnancy, I have to admit that everyone was right.  I look at my calendar everyday and think Really?  Only one day has passed since yesterday?  Good gracious!  It is so true.  Every day does feel like a week.  But hopefully this pregnancy does not last forever and that I will eventually have this baby.

Judd and I went to the doctor and then the chiropractor on Tuesday.  Everything went really well at both.  The doctor gave me a lot of hope stating that he thinks I will be in labor early next week (please let that be sooner than later).  That is great news considering the fact that at my last visit he told me that he thought that baby would be a week past her due date!  So I am holding on hope that my doctor's intuition and experience will prove to be correct.

Later that day at the chiropractors I had a really cool experience.  I had never been to a chiropractor before.  Judd has been going to one all of his life so he walked in completely confident and knew exactly what to expect.  We were both getting adjusted and as I watched the chiropractor adjust Judd's neck, I thought I was going to pass out!  I thought that he was going to snap Judd's neck for sure!  But of course he didn't and Judd admits that he hasn't felt this good in a long time.

The chiropractor soon began to adjust me and he kept commenting on how I was shaking.  I was so nervous!  I know I shouldn't have been, but I couldn't help myself.  Once I was finally able to calm down, he did some muscle testing with me.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with muscle testing (I didn't know what it was until Judd explained it to me), but one aspect of it is that you can associate different emotions with it.  While the chiropractor was testing me, my arm was unable to hold strong and the chiropractor stopped right there.

He put my arm down, looked me in the eye and said some pretty amazing things.  He told me things that I believe that every expecting mother should hear regardless of if it is her first child or her last.

He said that this is the first time my baby has ever felt any mortal pain.  She probably learned all about pain in spirit school, but has yet to experience it and is probably very afraid.  She needs to be loved and encouraged to come into this world.  She needs to know that her mother and father love her and that she is coming to a good home that will take care of her.  She needs to be told (out loud) that we are anticipating her arrival and can't wait to meet her, snuggle her, and love her.  I shouldn't be afraid because when I am scared, she feels the fear too.  So instead of fear, I should just feel love and encouragement.  She needs to be encouraged daily to come.  How beautiful?

That has really helped me see the effect that I have on my baby girl.  I have since tried to be strong and encourage her every chance I get.  Judd and I talk to her every night to reassure her how much we love and care for her.  Now baby just needs to get here so we can physically hold her and show her!

1 comment: