Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

I Love Staring Contests

I would just like to begin this post by apologizing to all of the pregnant women who I have ever stared at.  I don't know if I am the only one (actually I know I am not), but for some reason whenever I see a pregnant woman I just can't help but stare.  A million thoughts suddenly go through my head.

How much longer does she have?

Wow!  She looks good!

Wow!  She looks exhausted!

Oops! Her pants are falling off.

I wonder if I could pull off that outfit even though I am not pregnant. -->This was pre-pregnancy

I always wondered if I was the only person who noticed the large, round woman waddling past me, but as I now know I am NOT the only one who notices these women.  How do I know this?  Because I have never been stared at more in my entire life than I have these past few months.  Seriously though.  And the funny thing about it is that it makes me feel so self-conscious.  My first thought is usually, Oh no!  Is my belly showing from underneath my shirt?  Because let's be honest.  I think that has happened to every pregnant women in public at least once.  After doing my quick shirt check, I end up trying to figure out what else could to happening to me that would make people stare.

It wasn't until a few weeks ago, that I came to the realization that it isn't anything wrong, it is just that I am pregnant and for some reason people like to stare at pregnant women.  It is especially funny when I make eye contact with these people to let them know that I clearly see them staring at me and they just continue to stare back.  Awkward.

On a completely different note, Judd and I took Nix to the park today.  Ever since my doctor's appointment last week I have tried to be really active.  It turns out that my baby girl is floating right now.  Since I am still a week and a half away from my due date, it isn't that big of a deal, but if she doesn't start dropping soon then it could lead to her being born late and we might need medical intervention.

Fortunately, I have a very wise and kind, big sister Brittany who did some research on how to get baby engaged for labor.  I have been drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea, sitting on my exercise ball constantly (including right now), walking everywhere, doing cat/cow yoga poses, and planning a trip to the chiropractor.

My doctor informed me that one of the many possible reasons why baby is still floating is that this means she and my pelvis bone aren't getting along and that she might have a hard time fitting through the birth canal.  So all of the things that I have been doing are to help my body reposition so that it will be an easy fit and that I will need as little medical intervention as possible (in other words, no c-section).  I truly believe that by doing these things and by giving myself positive affirmations directed by Judd, that everything will work out just fine.

Back to the park, it really was a fun day.  There were a few other dogs there and Nixon had a great time running around with them and playing fetch.  I am hoping for many more days like today so we can keep going back!

Here are some pictures from today and if any of you have any other suggestions on how to reposition my body for an easy delivery I would love to hear it!





1 comment:

  1. Camie. You are so cute and I would imagine it would indeed be awkward to have people still stare at you after you stare back at them.

    Also, you dog is so cute! Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete