Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Past Due Date Rants

My hospital bag has been packed for two weeks already and my due date has come and gone and still no baby.  I know that most first babies come late, but seriously?  I am dying already. I know all of the tips and tricks to induce labor and have done all of them (castor oil and other laxatives as the exception). I just want this baby already!

I had Judd give me a blessing the other night because I have been driving myself (and probably him) nuts. He must have been getting promptings to tell me to be patient because he kept saying that over and over again. It is just super lame, because I keep getting contractions and I am so sure that I am going into labor but it just turns out to braxton-hicks and false labor.

Mom came to visit me yesterday which was great.  We ended up walking around Target and buying lots of stuff that I will  never need. Plus she stopped by Trader Joe's on her way down here and bought me tons of junk food that I will never need.  She knows exactly how to cheer me up! I am so grateful for such a good mom who helps me calm down and put things into perspective.

On a completely different note, I do have to admit that I am very proud of myself. Two nights was the first night in about a week that I got out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  A few nights ago Judd was at a basketball game and I was watching Netflix and playing around on my laptop. I had a friend who posted on Facebook a scary video and said, "I screamed a few seconds into this video! Don't watch it before you go to bed!" So what did I do?

I watched it.

I am an idiot.

I am such a wuss.  I should have known better.  Not only was I scared senseless, but I have been terrified to get out of bed to run to the bathroom at night. I usually just try to go back to sleep until it is a little lighter outside and then go. I know that that probably isn't the best idea, but I haven't wet the bed yet!  And two nights ago, I got out of bed without being scared so hopefully it is all over now.

But anyway, I have been very bummed about not having a baby in my arms yet. I know that it is only a matter of time, but like I said in a previous post every day feels like a week! I am just lucky that Judd has been really nice. I have no idea how he can be so patient with me but somehow he manages (Office reference, anyone??).

On a different note, have I mentioned that our summer destination this year is San Diego? I can't wait! We are living in La Jolla to be exact. Judd's brother and wife who will be coming with us are in the area right now and checked out the apartment complex we will be living in. They said it is only five minutes away from the beach. This is going to be the best summer of my life. I can just see myself now playing with Baby Girl and Nixon at the beach. If I visualize that baby will be here then she has to come, right? I can't stay pregnant forever!

Well hopefully next time I write I will have a sweet newborn in my arms. Until then, Somehow I Manage (Michael Scott's book title, in case you didn't get it).

2 comments:

  1. Camie, I love this! I died laughing at the scary video part...story of my LIFE!! You have such a great mama! Target and Trader Joe's are all a girl needs. I love you girl! And I CANNOT WAIT to meet Baby Girl. I seriously say more than once a day to Devin about how I just want you to have your baby! So excited for you. You will be a great mama and Judd a great daddy! Keep being patient...I know you can do it (not that you really have a choice, but you know what I mean haha). Love ya!! Can't wait to get that magical phone call!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I think that I totally watched the same video! S.T.U.P.I.D. idea! I have been having the same problem as you! I guess us Knight girls are just wimps! Loved hanging out with you today!

    ReplyDelete