Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Full-term and Feeling It

Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks pregnant!  That means only two more weeks until our little baby girl is here.  Although it could be easily longer than that.  Today at the doctor’s, he said that she is still up really high and that there is a chance she will be coming late.  Super lame. 

This whole journey has been such a weird experience. For months I was in denial thinking that there was no way this was happening.  I was not pregnant.  I was not going to give birth.  I was not going to be a mother yet.

But that is not how life works.  Everyday the sun sets.  Everyday that sun rises.  Seconds, minutes, and hours pass and life goes on.  You can’t stop it and you can’t fight it (believe me, I have tried).  It has taken me forever to get to this point and now that I am finally here, my only wish is that time would go faster! 

I am dying to hold this little baby in my arms.  I hate this waiting game.  Every mother I have ever talked to has said that the past few weeks are the worst.  I would for sure agree with that.  Not only is my body constantly in pain and the nausea I felt during my first trimester has come back, but now I am super anxious to go into labor.

I am probably a little paranoid because every time I have a new ache or my body does some new pre-labor sign, I immediately grab my baby book and call my sisters.  Thank goodness for technology!  Unfortunately, it has all been false alarms so far.  But just wait!  One of these days it won’t be!

I also have to give a shout-out to my beautiful sister Brittany.  She took my maternity photos a couple weeks ago and I can’t even begin to describe how talented she is!  Believe me; if she can make me at 36 weeks pregnant look good then she can make anyone look good!


Here are some of my favorites from the shoot.  Hopefully the next time I am writing on this blog I will be holding a baby in my arms! 














No comments:

Post a Comment